We are currently seeking a highly motivated, telecommunications experienced Engineering Associate, who will assist in all aspects of the Engineering department. This position will be a contributor and knowledge base to the Sales Team by assisting in sales success of video products, with an emphasis on data products. At Pace our employees are a part of a company that values its employees and work with people who love their environment.
- Provide clear, compelling, and articulate explanations of our RF and Data technologies to the Sales Team and our Customers.
- Design RF distribution and Data solution systems using industry recognized tools such as Visio or AutoCAD.
- Assist the Director of Engineering in providing Technical Support for all RF and Data products.
- Assist the Director of Engineering in enhancing and expanding the current Technical Support Team.
- Provide RFP support for success in sales quotes and eventual purchase orders.
- Assist the Director of Engineering in preparing and delivering training for the Sales Team, Customers, and others, in a meaningful and understandable manner.
- Work with RF and Data equipment partners to validate inter-operation and successful solution development.
- Assist in maintaining equipment in the tech lab by evaluating and installing equipment, evaluating and implementing upgrades, and sharing knowledge gained with the Sales Team and others.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by tracking emerging trends in RF and Data Networking equipment through trade shows, online studies, and vendor specific learning opportunities.
- Industry certification in RF and/or Data Networks
- 5 years of prior experience in RF and/or Data networks is preferred
Skills & Knowledge
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to utilize on line learning tools to enhance knowledge with various products
- Technical knowledge of fundamental wired and wireless networks
- Ability to work accurately with a high attention to detail
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Computer knowledge and proficient use of Microsoft Office tools
- Ability to work in and emphasize a Teamwork environment
- Customer service and phone skills
- A majority of time is spent sitting
- Some standing and walking may be necessary but are not essential to performing the job responsibilities
- Simultaneous movement of hands, wrists, and fingers is an important element to this position
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs on a regular basis and up to 50 lbs on an occasional basis
- Some travel may be required
- Working conditions will vary dependent on travel
- There is some exposure to noise
- Regular and reliable attendance is required in the position
- Some flexibility in working hours in the event of unforeseen emergencies
- Full Time
- Open until filled